Reef Photo in Ft Lauderdale reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ordered from reefphoto.com before? How was your buying experience? I feel like I'm being strung along a bit...

Have always purchased from them with out problem. They have always responded promptly to all questions.

I ordered a Patima G11 Housing, the G11 camera ad some other things and flew 2 weeks later to Ft. Lauderdale to pick it up.
Communication was informative and mostly quick, ordering was not so easy as i could not pay with a non american Credit Card. So the order was a bit complicated and i was getting nervous as i flew especially for the housing from Costa Rica to Ft. Lauderdale.
Anyway, once i was there the housing and the other ordered gear was in the shop and i was served competent by the simpatic Raul. Unfortunatly the G11 was out of stock, so i had to run around Ft. Lauderdale to find one what finally costed me 50$ more than expected.

But finally i got everything i wanted (and something more), got nice treated by Raoul and am enjoying my G11 rig.
I think that the difficulties with ordering where related to my non-american residency.

Reef Photo is a bigger shop with a large stock and very competent regarding underwater photography. I would recommend them.

Chris

I've used them a few times and always been impressed. I'm based in South Africa and never had any problems with payment or shipment. I highly recommend them!

@Streetdoctor,
be patient or resend the email, sometimes they are a bit slow with answering or emails can get lost.

@anferny,
the problem was that they could not use my credit card to process the online order without that i was personally there as i have credit cards from various countrys, but no american credit card. So the order was stuck in a "undefined" situation untill i went there to pay. But as i got finally all the gear (excepth the G11) i ordered i am fine with them.

Chris

I have had excellent service from Reef as well. Call them! You'll be taken care of. I find that although I prefer e-mail as a convenience and a better record keeping form of communication, sometimes people are overwhelmed by e-mail and put yours aside until a little later. Phone calls get instant response and you can always follow up with an e-mail confirmation.

I ordered a strobe and tray through reefphoto a few months ago, paid by a non-american credit card and less than 10 days later everything had arrived in Australia. Prior to ordering I had a few email conversations (which were responded to really quickly IMHO) and one conversation over the phone to confirm everything. From my experience I have nothing but good things to say about Reefphoto....

I have had excellent service from both Reef and Backscatter. Sometimes odd and ends have to be back ordered or my FIX housing was a pre-order essentially, as soon as they got stock, I got the item. I did have one little glitch, more a customer relations item, and it was quickly taken care of and was actually just a misunderstanding on my part. I am happy with them.

N

snip--------------------------------
We can accept your credit card in store, as long as it is present. We can not accept it for web orders.
snip---------------------------------

That was the answere from Reef Photo regarding my question how to pay my order.
Why they would not accept my credit card(s) is still am mistery to me.

As i wrote before, once i arrived, i got the gear and i will consider them for any futher purchase. As i never ordered at another UW camera shop in the US i can't and i won't judge about them. I just answered the question, telling my personal experience with Reef Photo.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom