REEF ID Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a REEF Fish ID class? I've been talking with one of the official educators for REEF (one of 3 in the state) and she's more than willing to do a weekend class for a group of us that would work out to some shore dives, boat dives, and a really nice weekend overall. I'm double checking on the price, but I think it'll be less than $50 overall.

It can be either east coast or west coast, but in the long run I think having a class for both sides would be a cool thing to do since there are so many of us from everywhere.

Thoughts, feedback, suggested time? I was thinking Labor Day weekend for a class.

I'm definitely up for it. Is there any way that we could alternate the classes between east and west? We might also want to have a session a little farther north, so that our folks up there don't have such a long drive to participate. I agree that it would be nice to include everybody.

There are 4 classes in the sequence, aren't there?

I would be very interested. Count me in.

CBulla:
Would anyone be interested in a REEF Fish ID class?

You mean they got names? Besides fishy fishy? little little one? and the big big one? WOW !

Yeah, like salchichon grande, chonchita...

GrierHPharmD:
Yeah, like salchichon grande, chonchita...

Just to clarify, I meant that the fishes were named "salchichon grande", "chonchita", etc...

Well, here's the dealio - we get 10 people minimum, the class can start on a friday night or saturday morning. This is followed by a boat dive either Saturday morning or afternoon depending on when the class is. After the boat dives a little wrap up lunch or dinner. The next morning, more diving from shore to go out and ID further work on ID and documenting skills.

Boat dives are $35, plus we pay for the REEF instructor... split 10 ways, thats 3.50.. so we're looking at $38.50 to dive.

Me.. I was thinking of getting shirts made up to go with the events. Maybe spooof cert cards to slip in the log book and screw with boat captains in Key Largo.. :wink:

After its all said and done, Viola.. your now a REEF counter :D

Given enough lead time, and depending on where it falls in the month (read Payday, 1st and 15th of the month), I'm in!

I think we would be interested if it's on the East Coast. (have some plans, so couldn't travel too far.)

I'm game as long as it's not the last week in July(mini season). If I can't shoot them at least I can call them names.
back40

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom