Reef House Resort - Have You Stayed There

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minnow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I am going to Roatan May 2007 ( yes, I like to plan ahead!). I went to the Reef House Resort website and liked what I read. Has anyone stayed there? If so, what was your impression of the DM, Dive Boats, resort, food, and anything else you would like to comment on about the resort.

Thanks!

Minnow

Minnow:
Hi!

I am going to Roatan May 2007 ( yes, I like to plan ahead!). I went to the Reef House Resort website and liked what I read. Has anyone stayed there? If so, what was your impression of the DM, Dive Boats, resort, food, and anything else you would like to comment on about the resort.

Thanks!

Minnow

Stayed there about 6 years ago. Everything was very good. Had a great time. Food at the resort was not the best but that was 6 years ago. Have a great time.

Yo, Minnow;

Stayed at the Reef House Resort last June for a week of diving and liked everything so much that I am about to go back in 9 days for another week of diving :D .

The resort is smallish, charming and very friendly! It is somewhat isolated, but that is what I wanted. The owners are extremely personable and truely enjoy their life running the resort and tending to their guests. This is not a 5 star resort...nothing on Roatan to my knowledge is...but, this is a very nice, quality, laid-back vacation destination.

The food is served family style for all meals in a central dining hall atmosphere which allows for flowing conversation and the opportunity to really meet the other guests. The food is excellent and plentiful. Any special dietary requirements can and will be met...my wife is allergic to avocados and nuts (most but not all...we don't really know which ones) and the kitchen staff made the extra effort to make special dishes for her when the standard fare included the above.

The diving operation is in my opinion, first class. The DM/guide that I dove with David was excellent at finding all the little critters Roatan is known for, along with some other larger type fish for maximum enjoyment. He discusses the dives before you enter the water, gives the general profile and information and then dives the dive as planned. If you are comfortable enough with your underwater skills and in his opinon are adequate in your skills, he will give you all of the freedom to explore that you require. He is very watchful, attentive and respectful of the divers experience when in his charge. The boat captain, Choco is also first rate. The boats are in good shape, mechanically sound and comfortable in normal 3 to 5 foot swells.

I understand that the owners have made some upgrades, improvements and/or additions to the resort since my last visit. I'll post details and photo's upon my return. Check out the resort at www.tripadvisor.com for additional reviews and feedback. If you would like to discuss this subject further, please PM me and I'll really get verbose.

Hope you have a great vacation...the Reef House Resort would be a good place to start! :eyebrow:

Squashie

Back
Top Bottom