!!!!!!!!!!---reef hooks---!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recently purchased a reef hook from the above mentioned website, and i am very pleased with how well it works! Integrated very easily with my bc and i will be purchasing one for my fave dive buddies! WHEN USED responsibly, the hook minimizes damage to the reef, I was able to hang out on the reef and saw things I wouldnt normally have seen and because I was able to go hands free I got the most amazing pics! Everyone on the boat was jealous! My reef hook is a permanent part of my dive gear now and it came in pink..which I Love! So find a rock and get hooked!

Recently purchased a reef hook from the above mentioned website, and i am very pleased with how well it works! Integrated very easily with my bc and i will be purchasing one for my fave dive buddies! WHEN USED responsibly, the hook minimizes damage to the reef, I was able to hang out on the reef and saw things I wouldnt normally have seen and because I was able to go hands free I got the most amazing pics! Everyone on the boat was jealous! My reef hook is a permanent part of my dive gear now and it came in pink..which I Love! So find a rock and get hooked!
Wow, full-court press on the reef hooks.

What site were you diving, Mrs. Jen Barker, where everybody on the boat was jealous of your pictures? Presumably because you were the only photographer with a reef hook? Not just any reef hook, though, you had the one that Hooked-On-Scuba sells, right?

I ask because there aren't that many sites that require them, and dive boats usually dispense them at those sites, in my experience.

I have used reef hooks in Indonesia and Palau. Only hooked in to rocks or dead coral. The only way to stay and watch the show. Usually where there is big current, there is a lot of dead coral and rocks. It is always fun in detaching and going with the flow.

Do you use a reef hook?
I've used one in a series of dives in a specific location.

How do you feel about the way they interact with the corals itself?
Don't attach it to coral.

What would you suggest to improve the standard reef hook?
As you'll need one in about one dive in your life, the only possible improvement is cost.

What's your input for an alternative anchor that is reef friendly?
I feel that that question implies the use of an anchor in a dive not specifically planned for its use and/or to attach it to a place not specifically chosen for anchoring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom