Reef Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LAJim

Contributor
Reaction score
Claudette, Josh and I completed the classroom component of Reef Check California training this weekend. We felt it was very valuable and are looking forward to the 3 days of training aboard Explorer at the end of the month. We are equipped and essentially ready to begin reef monitoring activities and are planning to commit to two reefs to monitor twice a year.

All four boats this year are full, and there seem to be a few people on waiting lists. SBers interested in marine ecology and reef conservation should seriously consider future opportunities. Without going into premature details it appears that we will be invited to go on some actual monitoring trips on boats later this year to collect data to be used in current fishery management questions.

Jim

Jim, Reef Check is a great organization. I do some volunteer work for them here in Hawaii. Some of the fund raisers are great events.

Jim, I'm glad we had the chance to get involved. I can't wait till the boat at the end of the month

I would recommend this program for anyone

The Reef Check Kelly Slater Invitational is airing now on MTV. It was fun. (Kona)

jmdiver is my buddy and he told me about Reef Check...I thought it was too good to be true but checked it out and we signed up. Very excited about the classwork and the weekend on the boat, then using the knowledge to help keep tabs on our local waters.

Thanks, Jim, for the report. I am really looking forward to the training April 22-23 in Santa Barbara and also the Explorer trip. I know that Rick, Teresa and I are signed up for the April SB training. Any other ScubaBoarders?

Vanessa:

Didn't know you were signed up. This is great. We have critical mass of SBers. This will be a great adventure with you, Rick, Teresa, Claudette, Josh, and me. The other people in our class were very nice too.

Jim

Plus the July group too. Didn't mean to leave you guys off the list. Can anyone sense the Reef Check Forum coming to SB?

LAJim:
Plus the July group too. Didn't mean to leave you guys off the list. Can anyone sense the Reef Check Forum coming to SB?

I can't wait to go to class this next weekend. Teresa is not going to be taking this class.

Hmmm.......Reef Check Forum. Jim, I elect you to present this to Christian:wink:

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom