Reef Check California Field Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LAJim

Contributor
Reaction score
The first Reef Check California field training will occur Friday through Sunday this week. Classroom sessions were held earlier this month in LA and Santa Barbara and the 20 students from those sessions are going out on Explorer (Ventura) for in water training off of Anacapa and Sant Rosa. You can find out about Reef Check at:

http://www.reefcheck.org/

It looks like all of the remaining classes this year are wait-list only. If this program takes off they will need a lot of trained people monitoring reefs in central and southern california twice yearly for years to come.

Reef Check is currently also running a campaign to gain support from 1000 divers in California.

There is a significant ScubaBoard presece in the first field training including Rickster, Veek, Glycerin, HBDiveGirl, and myself.

Jim

LAJim:
The first Reef Check California field training will occur Friday through Sunday this week. ... You can find out about Reef Check at:

http://www.reefcheck.org/

There is a significant ScubaBoard presence in the first field-training including Rickster, Veek, Glycerin, HBDiveGirl, and myself.

Jim
...and We are now Badazzzzzz ReefCheckers!!! Watch for a full report on a thread near you :D .

Scientific diving and data collection ain't for sissies...

Claudette
(and her mighty hands of DryWarmBlueness.
Why didn't someone tell me about dry gloves sooner????)

We represented Scubaboard nicely, and if I may say so myself

We Rocked!

Thank you! Thank you, very much!

Rick

RosebudRickster:
We represented Scubaboard nicely, and if I may say so myself
RosebudRickster:
We Rocked!
Thank you! Thank you, very much!
Rick
WE also invertebrated, seaweeded, urchin-sized, substrate evaluated, fish-enumerated, data-converged, transected, and UPC'd!!!

WE are a full-service ReefCheckin' Machine, ready for local deployment at a Reef Near YOU!!!!

(we Rule....'cause we been calibrated!)

'Chica

Rosebud:
We Rocked!

Well put.

This last weekend was on of the best times I've had. Thank you Rick, Jim, and my favorite dryglove guru :D for being so fun to be around.

Ahhh, I'm going to have sweet dreams about that night dive....how cool

RoseBudGlycerin:
Well put.

This last weekend was on of the best times I've had. Thank you Rick, Jim, and my favorite dryglove guru :D for being so fun to be around.

Ahhh, I'm going to have sweet dreams about that night dive....how cool

and I thank all of you for the bestest, greatest, weekend anyone could ask for.

Rick

LAJim:
We've got transects and we know how to use them.

Jim
...we're transectuals?!?! I knew those waivers looked unusual....:14:

Remember - There is no I in transexual.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom