Redondo Beach closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff=Dive:
Whatever the case, it's unfortunate that that dive site has been closed. I'm sure some Divers call it home port. I know that if mukilteo was closed, I would be really dissapointed :sad_2: I just hope this closure doesn't last long.

Jp
Yeah ... it's the closest dive site to my home (only 2.5 miles) and I often enjoyed going there for a dive after work.

Word around town is that it'll probably be closed for several weeks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jeff=Dive:
I guess to follow the line, I'm not assuming that geese are the sole cause. I agree that general runoff is probably the case. We humans use up a lot of water, and not all of it can be completely sanitary when it reaches the sound. And no I would not condone shooting humans, just convicted felons.

I don't know how big a problem geese are becoming down in daMoins, but up here in Everett, when fall hits, there isn't a grassy feild that's not full of them, eating a pooping. I just think the population is getting out of control, to the point where a park is not sanitary to be around.

As for Radondo, I hope the water sanitation issues are resolved or go away. If there is a specific source, I hope it's found, or that, maybe the whole system might just need to be polished a bit. Perhaps that's all it would take.

Whatever the case, it's unfortunate that that dive site has been closed. I'm sure some Divers call it home port. I know that if mukilteo was closed, I would be really dissapointed :sad_2: I just hope this closure doesn't last long.

Jp

Does the state fish and game department not regulate state/federal geese permits in the area? If so, you would think they would lower the price of, or make available in larger numbers, the amount of permits that are issued each year.

When the site re-opens, can someone put up a post so all of us know we can dive it again?

There were divers there on Wed...
So...it's open.

I went for a little boat trip right past Redondo Friday night and there was a shelter by the beach with what looked like dive gear underneath. I'm not sure if most people would know or care if the beach was closed or not to diving......is the beach posted?

Sat Am, there were quite a few divers at Redondo.
At least one class. My dive buddies and I did 2 dives.
Saw 3 octo and viz was better than expected.
K

It appears that this thread is exhausted and that Redondo is again available.

On the off topic of geese population my thoughts are that geese are delicious, plentiful and easy to harvest. Rumor has it that there are many hungry people that would enjoy them for dinner.

I heard a rumor that a home construction problem was the culprit of the effluent contaminating the beach; after its repair and several weeks, the water quality has returned to its normal "safe" levels.

Back
Top Bottom