redneck christmas party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah yeah.. check post 2

i want my "copyright trademark whatzit" cut

Man, I didn't get to this in time- you forgot the Duct Tape dude!

JahJahwarrior:
I went as Scuba Bubba. Plunger on my left hip, gas mask on the right. 5gal air tank bungee corded to my back, while wearing coveralls and a crappy white shirt. Connected a second stage to the tank with zip ties. Mask on my head and some old crappy fins that didn't fit on my feet....

:useless:

Cheers,

Andrew

I know of ONE picture. However, I'm leaving on a cruise Sat. morning and not sure if I can get it before then, but I'll try :)

Andy--what size shirt you wear? They gave me an XL shirt, and I wear a medium. If it'll fit you give me your address and it'll be on it's way to you. If it'll fit I'll throw in the plunger too :wink:

nice going jahjah

what did you end up using as the tank?

5 gal. red air tank, at home I usually use it for filling up tires. Fill up small tank attached to compressor, then use that to fill this sucker and take it around the yard to the cars and the trailer. At Christmas parties, I'm in the habit of strapping it on with bungee cords and telling people it's an air tank that I use when cleaning septic tanks. The conversations I had were great.

"What are you?"
"I clean septic tanks."
"oh. What's that? *points to second stage*"
"it's fer' breathing! You wanna clean a septic tank without yer' own air?"
"Oh. Is that a gas mask?"
"Yes. Topside work gets smelly too!"
"Oh. Is that plunger used?"
"Naw, not much anyways *pull out plunger and carees it*"
"Oh. Will you clean my septic tank?"
"Sure. I work for free if you let me keep what I find!"
"Oh....hey, I'm gonna go chat with what's her face over there...."

What was hilarious is how people couldn't figure out why you would want to scuba dive to clean a septic tank. It doesn't help that half the people there live inthe city and have never heard of a septic tank.....the other half seemed to assume that the air in there would be fine to breathe, no need for scuba.......yeah, when they clean their septic tank without it, I'll do body recover and finish the job for 'em.

The picture will be emailed to me, but the guy may or may not be at the computer with the picutre on it before I leave. As soon as I get it, Scubaboard gets it!

I think that what you are doing is confusing a REDNECK (A southern white male) with what my Mama would describe as TRASH.

I have a pair of bib overalls - in the old days my grandfather worked with mules and had to wear bib overalls with a hole in the seat to keep the gnats off his face. Today Massey Ferguson and John Deere, and International Harvester, and Kubota among others lets us do the same work in air conditioned comfort with power steering and stereo music. We do wear bib overalls on occasion because it is a convenience issue to keep our Ipods and cell phones in an easy to get to posture.

However - between my cousins and friends we are all southern white males and are by the Webster definition REDNECKS. We number in the hundreds and we all wear what I described to a Christmas Party or any other party.

You see - we are REDNECKS - we are not TRASH.

The uniform that the person described is neither REDNECK nor TRASH. My mother would describe that one as TACKY.

We all get along together (those of us who are REDNECKS and those of us who want to be) because we would never call our black friends the N word or our oriental friends the G word or our Italian friends the S word they would not call us the R word and everyone lives so well together.

teknitroxdiver:
No no no no no.......

1. Rednecks don't wear golf shirts.
2. Rednecks don't wear expensive jeans. Plus you probably need a large 'cowboy' belt buckle.
3. Yep.
4. Redneck's don't own 'deck shoes'. Red wing boots, worn out.
4. (somebody can't count :D) Don't own blazers either......denim jacket.

Glad to be of service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom