redneck christmas party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't quite sure so I looked it up on Merriam Webster:

Main Entry: red·neck
Pronunciation: 'red-"nek
Function: noun
1 sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class

So therefore me, all my family, and some of my friends are absolute experts on what a Redneck would wear to a Christmas Party:

1. Golf shirt in pastel by Izod (with dive flag in lieu of the alligator)
2. Faded jeans by Indigo Palms with web friction buckle belt
3. No socks - heaven forbid
4. Deck shoes - just the right scuff - by Timberline
4. Either a blue blazer or lightweight leather jacket by Nautica

Of course my friend Jason LeRoy - who try as he might cannot be a redneck according to Webster because both his parents are African-American but who is a Southern Rural denizen (and according to him he is a laborer although he is a lawyer) says that the only thing he would add is a baseball cap with the bill turned slightly to just the proper angle to the right. My other friend Juan Fernando (all southerners have to have two first names) Says that he would leave my list just as it stands. Except his belt would be vivid colors and he would button the top button of the Izod. Nguyen Phrang on the other hand says that the leather jacket must be black - that is the only change he would make (he must be DIR). Nguyen also can't be a redneck but we made him an honorary one when his father bought a chain of chicken processing plants where he used to work (as a laborer).

I hope this gives you some insight as to what a redneck would wear to a Christmas Party. I hear that Tommy Bahama is coming out this year with a pair of Indigo Palms jeans with the snuff can circle already in the back pocket (Soly a time saver).

Tom Smedley:
I wasn't quite sure so I looked it up on Merriam Webster:

Main Entry: red·neck
Pronunciation: 'red-"nek
Function: noun
1 sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class

So therefore me, all my family, and some of my friends are absolute experts on what a Redneck would wear to a Christmas Party:

1. Golf shirt in pastel by Izod (with dive flag in lieu of the alligator)
2. Faded jeans by Indigo Palms with web friction buckle belt
3. No socks - heaven forbid
4. Deck shoes - just the right scuff - by Timberline
4. Either a blue blazer or lightweight leather jacket by Nautica

No no no no no.......

1. Rednecks don't wear golf shirts.
2. Rednecks don't wear expensive jeans. Plus you probably need a large 'cowboy' belt buckle.
3. Yep.
4. Redneck's don't own 'deck shoes'. Red wing boots, worn out.
4. (somebody can't count :D) Don't own blazers either......denim jacket.

Glad to be of service.

Do they make wetsuits/drysuits in camo?

Yes. There is a company that makes underwater camo (blue/grey), but i have seen regular DPM wetsuits before.

Sorry for then hi-jack JahJah, but has anyone seen this "shark camo"?

sowee to continue teh hi-jack...

no i havnt seen it, but it certianly looks interesting. I wonder if theres been any research into using it as an alternative to those awful mesh suits used when shark diving?

I went as Scuba Bubba. Plunger on my left hip, gas mask on the right. 5gal air tank bungee corded to my back, while wearing coveralls and a crappy white shirt. Connected a second stage to the tank with zip ties. Mask on my head and some old crappy fins that didn't fit on my feet....I won a prize for "most creative!"

"Keeping Your Brown Underground"

JahJahwarrior:
I won a prize for "most creative!"

i want half!!

er... 30%!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom