redirect of exhaled air - diy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watt-rs

New
Reaction score
sorry for my english,
i have a question:
does it exist something which redirects exhaled from mouth air into another part of
snorkel - not to the snorkel tube by which oxygened air is inhaled?
In a decathlon shop was told me that in those masks:
Easybreath | The Original Full Face Snorkel Mask | Decathlon
that can be achived because this mask have valve which prevent air to get away
by the same way by which it was inhaled (so it has "in" and "out" tube)
- but I think this valves are not sufficient -
I tried to use it but it was also possible to breath with clogged holes which should
only be used for incomming air (air was also getting in by "outgoing" tube).
Maybe in "diving" world exists something which has this feature and is not too expensive?
I was thinking to make it by my own with check valve and this mask - did someone try to do
this or it is possible to make it? This face mask + something like check valve is convient
because it do not "disturbs work" and it is possible to talk during usage but any other
existing solution also will be welcome.
thanks for help in this corona times

br,
watt-rs

The size of the mask and it's fit on your face is important.
The "pocket" around your nose and mouth area must create a proper seal to separate it from the "pocket" around your eyes. There should then only be a 1-way flow of air from snorkel to eye pocket through the one-way valves between the eye and nose pockets and then through the exhaust valve.

Hello and welcome to SB.
- but I think this valves are not sufficient -
Not sufficient for what? It would help a lot to explain us what are you trying to do. What are your aims?
To exhale through a different path than inhalation, you can always exhale through your nose with a normal mask and inhale through the snorkel. But why you need this? You also mention "talk during usage" in your question - talk to whom??
Help us to help you.

This face mask + something like check valve is convient
because it do not "disturbs work" and it is possible to talk during usage but any other
existing solution also will be welcome.

Look at the similar snorkel masks from Ocean Reef. They also sell an underwater radio comm system that works with their masks.

thanks for answering,
I do not want to use this solution for any underwater things,
I would like to work in it on a surface and normaly breathe - whithout thinking how to inhale - through the nose or mouth ( it would be prefered solution, next one is snorkel + check valve but it is not so easy to use).
Maybe I have to check smaller size of "easy breath" mask, I am on a edge of sizes so maybe it is a couse of not proper seal (but now I do not feel flow of air on my cheeks).

br,
watt-rs

We can't offer a solution to a problem we don't know. Tell us what you need to do and we might be able to help.

All the best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom