Red Shirt Dive with the RDT!! 9/19/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jridg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you missed the Red Shirt Dive last year - here's your opportunity to do it again! The Roddenberry Dive Team has just announced that there will be another Red Shirt Dive on September 19th, 2010! :D

Last year we had special guest Tim Russ! This year, who can say!? But it was a BLAST last time - don't miss it this year!

Here's the video I shot from last year's event:

YouTube - RDT Red Shirt Dive - with photos at the end
RDT Red Shirt Dive 2009

LINK to this year's event: RDT RED SHIRT DIVE 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010; 6:00pm - 11:00pm
RDT "Red Shirt Dive!"
2 Tanks on the "Yukon"
The Roddenberry Dive Team presents the
Red Shirt Dive - 2-Tank Night Dive on the Yukon.

Beam down to 100 feet and into the blackness of inner-space. On this away mission, everyone's a "Red Shirt"!

WHERE: "Marissa" Dive Boat - Seaforth Sportfishing's main dock (Quivira Marina)
DATE: Sunday, September 19th, 2010
TIME: 6:00pm Departure & 11:00pm Return (~7:00 "In-Water-Time")

Boldly join the Roddenberry Dive Team as we embark on the Marissa Dive Boat for 2 exhilarating night dives. Both will be on the Canadian Destroyer “Yukon".

The plan is to be in the water and descending to down to the "Yukon" approximately just as the sun sets. For those who enjoy the mystery and excitement of wreck diving and those who enjoy seeing the uniqueness and diversity of life during night dives this will be an amazing experience to get the best of both worlds!.

DIVE GEAR/RENTALS: Water temperature ranges from the low 50‘s at depth to the high 60‘s at the surface. Generally a 7mm wetsuit is ideal. Divers must bring their own scuba gear except Tanks (Aluminum 80's) and Weights which are provided by Marissa Dive Charters. Divers are welcome to bring their own tanks and weight however due to limited space, we ask that tech divers leave their "doubles" at home for this one. Rental equipment is available from a number of San Diego based dive shops. Here are a few I recommend:

Dive California

Sports Chalet
Ocean Enterprises
OEX Dive & Kayak Center

NOTES:

Sunset will be at approximately 6:49pm

TRIP REQUIREMENTS:
• All diving participants must be certified through a recognize Scuba Diving Agency.
• All those attending must Download, Fill-Out and Send in a RDT Liability Release Wavier prior to arriving at boat.

TICKET PRICES: RDT Members $89.00, Non-Members $99.00
Spaces are limited so reserve your space today! Non-Divers and Snorkelers are Welcome (Full Price Applies)!

I know this event is not sold out! Don't wait if you can make it! This is going to be great! I also have a strong inkling that Rod will be having a celeb at the event - Can't say who as I don't know - but he always comes through! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom