Red Sea Shark Sightings - please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok in Dahab there's not many shark sighting...
As far as I remember I saw 3 sharks here

The first one was in june 2009 it was during the second dive so around 14.00 at the lighthouse, it was a 2m long guitar shark cruising at around 25 m .

The second spotted was at the bells the 9/08/10 at around 9.00 . Was a Hammerhead, 3,5 maybe 4 m long cruising at 35 m more or less.

The third spotted was again an hammerhead in Ras abu gallum around 1 week after the previus one same size and same depth

Zebra aka leopard shark Gordon reef North West near the eel garden. 12:30 pm (ish) 1.5m, slightly grey in colour, 23 degrees water temp. Doing what they do best in the daytime - sleeping. No photo.

Two white tip reef sharks at Ras Za'atar yesterdayl I saw them both but one sighting was short, and the other was a shark passing about 20 metres underneath me. Enough to confirm the species, but not much more to report.

Back
Top Bottom