Red Sea Liveaboard/Itinerary choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree that BlueOtwo would be an excellent choice for you.
They have several boats, so even if your holiday time frame is limited there are always different itineraries to choose between.
Their boats are both well-run and well-maintained and all the crew of course speaks English.
Their prices for the liveaboard trips are also quite good - especially in comparison with the Red Sea Aggressor boat.
I have been on 10 liveaboard trips with BlueOtwo and the guests are usually 90% British...with the odd 5% Americans and 5% Scandinavians (but we do speak English) thrown in.
As for the best itinerary...in Spring time April to June I usually lean towards the Deep South itinerary (Daedalus Reef + St Johns+ Elphinstone Reef)...the hammerhead sharks at Daedalus Reef are usually a bit shallower when the water is not so warm yet and St Johns has pretty reefs and in the Spring you have a good chance of running into a manta.
In Autumn I lean towards the classic B-D-E itinerary (that is Brother Islands - Daedalus Reef - Elphinstone Reef). October-November is usually a good time to see oceanic whitetip sharks (longimanus) primarily at Brother Islands. I know BlueOtwo had a trip this November where they encountered 26 different oceanic whitetips at the Brother Islands.
If you like sharks then maybe go for one of the Project Shark trips that BlueOtwo does - on these trips one of your dive guides will be Elke Bojanowski who is a doctor in marine biology. During the week she will also offer 3-4 lectures on sharks (physiology, behaviour, interaction, etc) that are really interesting to sit in on.

The webpage for BlueOtwo: Scuba Diving Holidays | Red Sea - Egypt | Maldives | Sudan | Galapagos | Mexico | blue o two
Doctor Elke Bojanowski's webpage on Red Sea sharks: Welcome to Red Sea Sharks

PS - I do not work for BlueOtwo. In fact I also enjoy other liveaboard fleets in the Red Sea...just one week ago I came back from a very excellent 2-week trip aboard M/V SevenSeas, but the guests on that boat are predominantly German. If you are looking for a boat with only English speaking guests I would go for BlueOtwo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom