Question Red Sea Live-aboard dive - July.. where to spend night in Hurgada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pezgrande

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
catching a flight back is tricky & require a night spent in Hurgada. Is it safe? Recommendations where to stay...

thank you

Check the well rated ones on booking.com
All of them a fine. The bigger the more noicy.
I always check for adult only one

The Boutique Hotel at the main marina might be handy if that's where your liveaboard boat will be docking. It's small, fairly quiet and inexpensive.

Yes Hurghada is safe. I would say it has lower crime than most European and US cities.

The Boutique hotels is a good suggestion, lots of food options available at the marina.

Check were you boat docks at the end of the trip as that may influence your choice. If you are travelling up from Port Ghalib then somewhere close to the coast road is a good option. Most of the Hurghada trips do start/end at the New Marina, but some boats use other marinas or jetties, most of those will be attached to a hotel, so for ease it is often simplest just to stay in the hotel were the boat docks.

catching a flight back is tricky & require a night spent in Hurgada. Is it safe? Recommendations where to stay...

thank you
Try Sky View in Hurghada or go for Marriot without questioning

Three trips and I always stay at the Marriott. I have a membership and status. The rooms and dining is great. I book directly with Marriott.

Marriot is very nice or at least it was a decade ago. As mentioned, the Boutique Hotel in the New Marina is more budget friendly and convenient for dive boats. Rooms are plain and clean. Water stopped working when I was there last year, but I suspect that it wasn't limited to the hotel.

The New Marina is a kind of small weird Disney-esque, tourist playground. Literally one street back and you'll get a more realistic taste of the area. I felt safe in both parts last year. No hassle, but I guess anything can happen anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom