Red Sea International Shoot out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
The 1st Annual Red Sea shoot out is being held on the 10th-14th of July in Hurghada, Egpyt.

For those interested, the official website is www.redseashootout.com

You can also find the rules and regs on there.

The bad news is that it doesn't appear as though digital is allowed......bummer, that counts me out!

Hmmmm, the link didn't work when I clicked on it a few tries. Did you hack the site? hehehehehehe

I wonder why they're excluding digi-folk from the shootout? Now I know how the snowboarders felt when ski resorts first banned them several years ago (and I was all for it being a downhill fan), but now they're accepted and encouraged by all the resorts.

marpacifica:
Hmmmm, the link didn't work when I clicked on it a few tries. Did you hack the site? hehehehehehe

I wonder why they're excluding digi-folk from the shootout? Now I know how the snowboarders felt when ski resorts first banned them several years ago (and I was all for it being a downhill fan), but now they're accepted and encouraged by all the resorts.

Chippy put too many "www". So copy/paste the link and remove one triple "w".
As the snowboarders - thanks for understanding that - to be honest it was pain in the...neck. Skiers were behaving really badly at that time and we snowboarders could only use offsides - which now skiers envy us..... :wink:
Mania

Ha! My eyes are really getting bad to not have noticed the extra www.

Snowboarding looks really fun. But because I got good doing downhill skiing, I didn't want to add another obsession at that time. I used to be a realy skateboard bum in the 70s. But now u/w photography has replaced all my other obssessions. Until the next one.....

Oppps, sorry Marlo, all sorted now......

Give it a few years and I reckon they'll be forced to include digital, even if it's only in a separate catagory.

A few years ago it was much easier to find E6 processing. I was in Sharm in October and could only find one place to do it, and their machine was broken for the first day!

That experience was enough for me to realize that a digital workflow would be much easier. Now I'm in a kind of transition. I like to use Fuji Superia 200 PRINT film for W/A with my Aquatica/8008 setup. This year I'm going to be using digital for macro work. Soon I'll be digital all the way. Ooh la la.

One question, why Hurghada? Why not Sharm or El Quesier or Marsa Alam?

marpacifica:
Ha! My eyes are really getting bad to not have noticed the extra www.

Snowboarding looks really fun. But because I got good doing downhill skiing, I didn't want to add another obsession at that time. I used to be a realy skateboard bum in the 70s. But now u/w photography has replaced all my other obssessions. Until the next one.....
For our sake I hope this obssession lasts a long time :D

Wow, thanks for the kudos, Leesa!

Hmmm, I really have been looking into underwater snowboarding....

Chippy, how do the Red Sea sites compare to other sites in the world you've visited? It's a bit of a haul to get there from North America or Micronesia. Is it more of a European destination b/c of its proximity?

My other question is related to Desert Eagle's post -- why hold a film shootout if there's only one unreliable processor in the area?

Yeah it's quite a favourite of the euro divers, but the diving is the best that I've had, although I've only dived in the carib apart from home.

Some of the more travelling divers that I met out there said it was very very good though.

Haven't got a clue why they chose to make it E6 only, very bizarre.....I presume they have made some sort of provision to dev the stuff?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom