Red Sea- Best place for Novices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zilch

Contributor
Reaction score
I have just gone through the web site trawl to get as many brochures sent through on diving in the red sea around September/October. There will be a party of 5 (1 x bsac sports diver, 2 x CMAS & 2 of us, me and wifey who have just been certified (SSI O/W) :eyebrow: ..I therefore was wondering what the recommendation would be in terms of the most suitable Red Sea dive centres taken into account our early beginnings into scuba. Heard alot about Sharm, Hugharda and Dahab..

Whats the opinion in terms of

a). Best location and dive company to increase knowledge, confidence and experience within limits..
b). Some reasonable night life and not somewhere that shuts at 5 (few drinkers in the mix)
c). Overall quality for diving..

We would welcome any feedback, as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here on Red Sea centres in Egypt.

Many thanks

Jim

With the newbies I would go to Hurghada. Mainly because dives there are shallower and easier than Sharm or Dahab and still most of the places are beautifully - such as Giftun Island.
If you want you can contact Colona diving Centre - it's Scandinavian and their instructors are really good.
Hurghada also answers point 2 - go to Papa's beach!!!!!
As the overall quality of diving - you have to see it yourself.
Mania

mania:
With the newbies I would go to Hurghada. Mainly because dives there are shallower and easier than Sharm or Dahab and still most of the places are beautifully - such as Giftun Island.
If you want you can contact Colona diving Centre - it's Scandinavian and their instructors are really good.
Hurghada also answers point 2 - go to Papa's beach!!!!!
As the overall quality of diving - you have to see it yourself.
Mania

Mania, many thanks for the advice.. will bear that in mind..

Cheers

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom