Red sea aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was booked on the Red Sea Aggressor for the April 12 - 19. I am just waiting for transportation to the Marsa Alam airport as I type this.

The boat wasn't actually ready, so were were on the M/Y Aldebarand. The boat was fine; I don't know how it compares to the Red Sea Aggressor. The food was good and plentiful, but it was much better earlier in the week. It's my understanding that the chef will in fact be the one on the Red Sea Aggressor.

I had the misfortune of having the airline loose my bag during my Frankfurt or Cairo transfert. So I arrived in Marsa Alam with the clothes on my back, my uw photo rig, regulator, computer, and 1 swim suit, but no diving gear. The Aggressor owner, David Home, and the Aggressor team went way overboard to help me. First they rented diving gear for me, and then the day after, while we were making the check dives nearby, they sent someone at the airport to pick up my bag and drive it close to where the boat was at the time. The boat's crew then went and picked it up.

So the team came through with flying colors from the get go. Through the trip, they remained very helpful and congenial. The cruise director was Dave Patterson, the lead dive guide's name was Mahmoud, and there was also a younger dive instructor, Erin. All were friendly, available, and helpful. Dave really worked hard to make everyone's stay as goodas possible.

I was hoping to see an oceanic white tip, but was told that the season to see them is oct & nov.

We saw hammerheads, gray reef sharks, mantas, devil rays, barracudas, napoleon wrasses, etc. We didn't get any rough weather. It's the best diving I've done. I hope I'll be able to come back and do the Southern route one day.

Key learnings: bring spare batteries for your computer, even if you just changed it. Bring a spare gauge & computer. Bring 1 t-shirt per day, 2 swim suits, and some synthetic shorts. A hood can make a big difference if your wet suit is not enough. I was fine with my 5mm Henderson and no hood, but one of the dive instructor was actually using a light dry suit. I had brought a bunch of nuts as snacks and they were very much appreciated by everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom