Red Light on my Strobe stays on but light wont charge...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
Hi,

I finally decided to use my second sea life camera and strobe yesterday. It worked just fine except my batteries did not last for more than 20 shots....

Today I used it again this morning and I got off 6 shots on freshly charged batteries and then the red "charged" light would come on but the strobe would not fire even in test... I then brought it home and changed batteries but same problem......

Does any one have any experience with this problem and is there an easy solution????

Specifics:

Digital Pro Flash

Preflash switch to 0

Auto Mode Switch to 1

Batteries: Energizer 2300 MaH rechargeables(tried two sets)

All suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
Roger

Thank you Roger.
- Make sure batteries are new or fully charged. Try using a different set of new or freshly charged batteries.
- Clean the battery lid contacts with a fine abrasive emery cloth. Even a thin, near-invisible amount of corrosion can prevent the batteries from making contact.

And
If the flash-ready light is on but the flash will not fire when taking a picture or when switching to TEST, one of the 4 batteries may be dead or defective. Use a volt meter to check the batteries or replace all the batteries with new ones.
We added some more technical update to the Sealife website: Digital Pro Flash Tips and Technical Updates | Sealife Cameras

If this info does not fix the problem, please contact us directly at techservice@sealife-cameras.com for further advice or possible repair service.

I also have a strange, but fatal, problem with my strobe--the switch works on land but will not reliably work underwater. Originally, I was having problems getting the thing to flash at all. It seemed the switch was not working. Sealife techs sent me a new magnet to install in the external part of the switch and it seemed to work perfectly--out of the water. When I got it underwater, I got off a few shots, then the charge light would go off and it would not flash. For the rest of my trip I had this same problem. Finally I just quit using it. It really looks like an internal switch problem, but I can't explain why it works fine on the surface. An no, it was not the batteries because I changed them several times with the same results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom