Red filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neither, if your not using a strobe it's best to manually adjust the color balance rather than using filters or later with computer programs.

Every situation is different, every camera is different, every photographer is different; there is no one answer. If I was manually adjusting in the water I would have missed half my best shots. I shoot in raw and sort it out after the dive. YMMV.

With a red filter you should adjust the shot using manual white balance as the light or depth changes. You're limited to shallower depths.

Jack

What camera are you using? Where are you diving? What depths? Do you have a strobe?

All of these are factors in the decision making process. As said above, it is hard to generalize for every situation.

Just a cheap Kodak C310 with no flash. I do all kinds of diving, but I'm thinking mainly of ocean diving. While there is alot of color in the shallow areas, this quickly goes away at any depth. So basiclly I was wondering if a red filter would help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom