Red Breast Sunfish in Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nesting Red Breast Sunfish.

RedbreastSunfish2.jpg

This gives an idea of how big their nest is. I find it amazing how hard they work to keep it this immaculate.
Nestingtoo.jpg

This guy was eating something and didn't seem to mind me.

Redbreastsunfish.jpg

TwoBit

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm .. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

'Looks tasty to me Tom !!!

Did you use that special seasoning you were telling me about :wink:

TwoBit,
Thanks for sharing! Those are some cool pics. As a newbie, if I would have come across this fish and the nest, I wouldn't have realized what it was. Now I know what to look for! Thanks!
Foo2

:eyebrow: looks like the Cheez Whiz agrees with them,,putting on weight ........ :no :wink:

foo2:
TwoBit,
Thanks for sharing! Those are some cool pics. As a newbie, if I would have come across this fish and the nest, I wouldn't have realized what it was. Now I know what to look for! Thanks!
Foo2

Now you know what to look for? Now you know what to avoid. Those are the little #(^@*!$@ that are chomping down on divers ears. Good pics though.

Great pics and look at that VIZ, too !!

TxHockeyGuy:
Now you know what to look for? Now you know what to avoid. Those are the little #(^@*!$@ that are chomping down on divers ears. Good pics though.

Get over trying to look so cool and wear a beanie! :mooner:
Foo2:D

foo2:
Get over trying to look so cool and wear a beanie! :mooner:
Foo2:D

Looking cool never had anything to do with it. Some people may have got off the fashion train, I never got on it. I just hate hoods and to a lesser extent beanies. I have been fortunate enough to have never been bit. Once I have I may look at the beanie closer. For now I just try to torment as many perch as possible, at CSSP anyway. There was one on Saturday out at a platform that just would not leave divers alone. I managed to even get a few glancing blows in, but could never land that left hook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom