RED ALERT ! Wife is pregnant - we went diving 2 weeks ago in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone - sorry if the way I worded that was offensive... Just a bit nervous over here.
Im definitely more relaxed now. I appreciate all the feedback.
I told my wife what I wrote and shes mad at me too... go figure; this kids already causing me trouble.

Hi everyone.
1st time poster here.

Im with my wife 5 years;..... married .6 years
We do the natural birth control - (track her menstrual cycle) no chemicals.
We have been successful at this practice for 5 years.
Ok heres the score; I shot life into my wife on August 21st 2013 in Cancun.
Due to our many years of success with the natural birth control; we were not worried at all about her getting pregnant.
We went on a dive 5 days later. max depth 40Ft. - 2 dives @ .5 hours each dive - 45 minute break in between both dives.
It is now September 13th 2013 and she is 1 day late on her period. - her cycle is like clockwork; so this is odd.
She took 2 pregnancy tests earlier today and both say positive.
This will be our 1st baby.
Is the bay in any danger due to the dive?
Any ideas?

Isn't August when the coral spawns? There is a good chance you might be having a baby coral polyp! Congrats!

and this:
I shot life into my wife on August 21st 2013 in Cancun.

---------- Post added September 13th, 2013 at 07:26 PM ----------

i will now have to convince myself not to use the term "I shot life into my wife" every day from now on. thank you for that!

I bet you'd have a big ol smile on your face if you DID use that phrase every day.

no worries. unless your idea of your timing is off, the embryo wasn't even implanted then. have a terrific pregnancy!

But as was said before, for the future, start thinking about some real birth control. It will happen again you know! As long as you keep shooting :)

Having had some experience with a pregnant wife, this is not the only time she will be mad at you. Don't worry, it only lasts for about 9 months.:D
Thanks everyone - sorry if the way I worded that was offensive... Just a bit nervous over here.
Im definitely more relaxed now. I appreciate all the feedback.
I told my wife what I wrote and shes mad at me too... go figure; this kids already causing me trouble.

Geshaefer,

Congratulations and relax. Other members have already noted that there have been several retrospective studies; one of them was a look at pregnant women who had been treated in a hyperbaric chamber. No abnormalities have ever been reported. That said, you don't want your child to be the first, so she should not dive again while she's pregnant. Ditto my cross-town compadre (@uncfnp, my son is wearing a hand-me-down Heels shirt today): get her on prenatal vitamins, find a good OB and start saving for college.

Best regards,
DDM

I would not bother to save for college. Send him/her to the military. Better education and no student loan debt. There are kids now coming out of college who will never see being in the black. 100K in loans ain't getting paid off by saying 'Ya'll want fries wit dat?"

I would not bother to save for college. Send him/her to the military. Better education and no student loan debt. There are kids now coming out of college who will never see being in the black. 100K in loans ain't getting paid off by saying 'Ya'll want fries wit dat?"
Uh whoooooooa...if the OP is in a state with a good prepaid collitch plan, that is the way to go. Florida has a pretty good prepaid program - people can put in as little as $50 per month, so by the time the kid is ready for collitch or the military or whatever, the tuition, myriad fees, AND dorm can be all locked in.
Now here's the good deal, in Floriduh at least. If the kid remotely has a brain and gets ok grades, he/she qualifies for Bright Futures which essentially forgives tuition. Although the rates have changed, parents could redeem the unused sum in the prepaid account at 5% interest. It's probably lower now, but it can't be worse than a LOT of investments out there.
Funding a potential college education gives a kid more options than just having to depend on athletic ability or band proficiency for a free college ride. Plus depending on the military for schooling - well, along with a ton of other schools, the Navy sent me to a lot of nuclear weapons training. After a while, my solution for most of the world's problem areas was The Obsidian Theory which is pretty much melting parts of the world that pissed me off into black glass surfaces pretty much best used for rollerblading. I'm still not sure that most of the people who referred to me as Commander Dr. Strangelove didn't think that I was just plain bats#!t crazy. But hey, at least I had a solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom