Recs on travel gear bags (Airline friendly)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manta6

Reaction score
I am going on a trip to Curacao and need to buy a new bag. Any recs? there are so many choices and some are pretty pricey. Need help.

I bought this Blue Reef bag from LP and I was really satisfied. Has enough room for two BCDs. Also, I would buy a bag that doesn't have scuba logos all over it. Just says steal me. I think this bag is the akona that sells for 175 but without the logos.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_1051/Context_965/Sort_Price/DescSort_1/BLRBUBP.html?Hit=1

Mike Byrne

manta6:
I am going on a trip to Curacao and need to buy a new bag. Any recs? there are so many choices and some are pretty pricey. Need help.

Agree with jive on this. You don't need to advertise what's in there. That said you should always take the things you could not dive without as carryon. For me that's my prescription mask, regs, computer and bottom timer and compass, BPW, dry suit, and fins. I use rockets. they are short enough to fit. Unimportant junk like clothes and toiletries I can buy. Heck two pairs of shorts, a swim suit, and a few t-shirts is enough for a week on a dive vaction. If I need more than that I'm not in the water enough.

thanks for the recs, I usually take my reg as a carry on - any issues with that ? Haven't been on a scuba trip in a while.

Back
Top Bottom