Recruitment...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It has come to our attention that at least one member has been spamming our users with a PM asking them to join another forum. They have been warned to cease this practice.

If anyone receives an unsolicited PM to either join another forum or to buy a product, please forwad this PM to any Moderator, Advisor or Administrator. We simply abhor spam! The only allowed method to promote your site is to put the link in your signature and then have fun on the forum.

Even though I don't think I'm one of the culprits mentoned. I'll 'fess up & say I've done this a couple of times for a local divers forum. I have only done it to a select few that would possibly be interested. I certainly apologize to anyone that may be offended or bothered by this. There was absolutely no malice meant. I was truly unaware of this & I can assure you it will not happen again, on my part. Please accept my humble apology. Thank you for letting me know about this. I know, shame on me.:no

You weren't the one reported. This user joined around the first and has sent 80+ PMs. After the complaints, we just erased their outgoing PMs. We are hoping this is just an honest mistake on their part.

However, we also thought that we should clarify what is acceptable and is not acceptable here. If you aren't sure, just PM any ScubaBoard staff member for help.

NetDoc - Thanks for keeping spam down. I manage an IT unit - and we have to deal with spam on a regular basis. 80% of our emails are spam!

Tammy - I personally wouldn't mind receiving PM regardling local forums/groups that might be of interest to me.

Minh

remember that every local group has it's own calendar forum so if you know of any interesting event you can openly post it....

Mania

Back
Top Bottom