Recreational Sidemount - with Recreational Backmount Friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, me too! But that's when I noticed he misused the word.
"I am just trying to remove the confusion of using the term "SM" as a pleonasm for "two tanks set-up" ".
Using an abbreviation in place of a longer phrase is actually the opposite of a pleonasm.

ple·o·nasm
/ˈplēəˌnazəm/
noun
  1. the use of more words than are necessary to convey meaning (e.g. see with one's eyes ), either as a fault of style or for emphasis.
Hi thanks for correcting but I already mentioned I have used it "volontary wrongly" and as you must know "pleonasm" is related to "redundancy", term we often see with SM :)
But lets stop being too pedantic and back to the topic :) :)

This means you need to do gas switches like you would in actual technical SM diving or you are just wasting everyones time.
If its rec, you have same gas both tanks, and you are just swapping regs to the opposite tank why do I need to do gas switches like a tech dive?

Just switch regs to balance gas use.

I do plenty of quarry diving in BM doubles with buddies who are on single tanks. There’s no issue. The only difference is they have to switch out tanks between dives and I don’t. Does the buddies good to see different configurations.

My logic flawed?

I think your logic is sound. You’re getting your reps in to achieve the confidence and comfort level necessary for the next skill set.

Back
Top Bottom