Suggestion Reconsider and remove the "disagree (red thumb down)" flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rx7diver

rx7diver

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Today I am seeing the red thumb down ("disagree") flag for the first time. This must be a new feature.

I see a couple of problems with this feature: First, in the past, I (and others?) have used the blue thumb up ("agree") flag not only when I have agreed with a particular post (of course), but also to acknowledge that I have read a post, and I have found it helpful, even if I do NOT completely agree with it. I think that introducing the red thumb down ("disagree") flag is forcing a dichotomy that has the potential of being divisive and just might squelch the productive exchanges between members participating in a given SB thread--which is a second, but related, reason I think the red thumb down ("disagree") flag should be discontinued.

I recommend discontinuing this new (?) red thumb down ("disagree") flag feature.

Respectfully,

rx7diver

Tossing your cookies will help.
Cache?
B4FACE87-F4B9-486D-9BA1-09CC21C92796.jpeg

I must have missed something.

In the scoober world, I thought a thumbs down is a GOOD thing!

:disagree:

Means "let's go diving!"

The other sign means "fun's done."

:like:

OMMOHY

A little red graphic doesn't scare me or hurt my feelings. I just hope that if someone uses it they also post a meaningful reply so I can learn from their opinion or experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom