Question Recommended Dive Ops with service to RCCL ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I snorkeled at Coco Cay in November. I haven't heard too many good things about the diving there and after watching the divers get dragged out to the dive site behind a jetski, I didn't regret skipping it.

We will be diving through RC in Aruba in May, though.
I dived there in Dec of 2019. It is burdensome being towed out to the reef and then having to wait for everyone else to be towed out as well. When I was there visibility was poor, maybe 10 feet. Waves and current was high. Divers were scattered all over the place and it was all the dive master could do to keep us together. Spent the whole dive trying to find the other divers. The mask I rented fogged up and I couldn't defog it. My assigned dive buddy's rental tank valve started venting air so that cut his dive short and me without a partner. All in all a bad experience.

However, went back to Coco Cay this past December. I didn't dive but talked to two different guys who did and they both said they had a good dive, lots of fish, rays, sharks etc. So you never know.

I probably will try it again the next time we go to Coco Cay. Hey, it's a dive and you can often get it on sale. We had some use it or lose it on board credit the first time and got it on sale to boot so it was worth the gamble.

In Cozumel we dived with Diving with Martin. They are or were right on the Intl pier the last time (2019) we dived there. Very good operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom