Recommended dive operator - Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if you have booked yet, but I would support the suggestion for Amigos Del Mar. We dove with them in March 2003 and they were great. They kept our gear stored and when the boat showed up AT OUR DOCK the gear was ready to go. We started gearing up as soon as we left the dock because they don't fool around when there are 5 to 6 foot seas outside the reef.

I also noticed the aggresive dive profiles ADM dove. My computer was on the verge of locking me out on several occasions. I don't want to scare anyone off, but Ambergris is mostly for intermediate divers and newbies with big tank knockers. Typically big waves outside the reef and diving is down to 70' to 80' on most dives. They ran me out of air on most dives.

However, if you like big dives on big reefs get your butt to Ambergris. It's a great place to dive and just hang out.

:tree:

Just wanted to say "thanks" to everybody for posting replies to my call for dive op suggestions!! We ended up diving with Amigos Del Mar for the entire week because they ran a tab for us and had some good dives. I can't say anything good or bad about any of the other ops since we didn't dive with them but we were pretty pleased with Amigos. I have to say they were VERY rowdy at the dive shop but turned all business when we entered the water. Would dive with them again for sure. Thanks again for the posts!

Wow does this thread need an up date. Most of the operators talked about here have changed. Ambergris has a new face or two on the island to say the least, and some of the dive shops mentioned here are gone or relocated.
Dozens of new Hotels and lots of new shops.

Does Gaz still have anything to do with diving in Belize, or is he looking to make his fortune in other ways?

Gaz, is not longer here. I heard that he had moved to Thailand.

Fritzer,
To some degree it depends on where you are staying as, if you are quite far up north, some dive ops won't travel that far to pick up divers the cost of fuel being what it is. We pick up at any dock on ambergris caye.
Thats gona have some eye brows raised I'm sure. what we do is run a pick up boat that isnt bad on gas.

4 of our are traveling to Ambergris Caye and are looking for a quality diver operator...we prefer smaller groups but not small boats. I have read the reviews of Aqua Dives on TripAdvisor. I can understand one negative review but 3 or 4...wow. What is the real story? Who are the quality operators with nice boats, GREAT service, and CUSTOMER/SAFETY oriented?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom