Recommended 35mm Film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jud1417

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the recommended 35mm film that should be used in the 15 to 60 ft. depth range (green water with 15 to 20 ft.vis) )for a SeaLife Sport Diver camera w/built in flash. Thanks.

What is the recommended 35mm film that should be used in the 15 to 60 ft. depth range (green water with 15 to 20 ft.vis) )for a SeaLife Sport Diver camera w/built in flash. Thanks.

Film, what is THAT! LOL :D

I'd be sporting a killer flash, and some ISO 400 or better film! However when vis sucks, it's often better to shoot macro, or close. So what are you shooting because that is more important than WHERE you are shootinG?

I have one of the 35mm's as well. The last time I used mine was in a pool in about 10 ft depth and there was a lot of backscatter. I think I used 400 speed film and then 800 speed film and it seemed to be better with 800. The greatest distance I took in the pool was about 20 ft and there was a little backscatter in them so it is still trial and error for mine.

Our SeaLife technician recommends ISO200. This is the most versatile film speed. However this will not add lost color due to light refraction when shooting underwater. We recommend using an External flash or the camera's inner flash to bring out the color. If you are using the camera's inner flash, we recommend that you get within 2’ of your subject. If you are using an external flash the distance can be up to 5 feet. Also, make sure when you take your film for processing that you tell them they are underwater pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom