Recommendations on video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have a GoPro Hero HD camera and even though it's a low budget video camera I was interested in buying good video lights (LED preferably). I do cave diving, wreck diving in NY and also Caribbean day and night diving. The next time I go diving will be cave diving in Mexico so my immediate need/interest would be geared towards getting video in a cave environment however would look to use the same setup in NY as well as Caribbean.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Riley

Rileymartin... I use the new Light and Motion Sola 4000's. Use them in a pair and they throw a ton of light...They have had a hard year of problems with these but I'm of the belief they finally fixed the issues many were having.
Another option are the Mangrove (sp?) that I was referred to if L&M didn't get their issues resolved. I don't have any experience with them but other shooters I know of from other forums seem to be very pleased with them.

Hope that helps..
Don

Back
Top Bottom