Recommendations on gas furnaces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure makes me glad I don't need to fire up the gas furnace to heat my house... there are advantages to living in SoCal.

Well, here in the north we don't have any snakes, spiders and mosquitoes, at least in the middle of December.:eyebrow:

For the rest of the year...

Sure makes me glad I don't need to fire up the gas furnace to heat my house... there are advantages to living in SoCal.

There is nothing like a Catalina winter. heck you can go to Olafs and get a triple scoop and not worry about frostbite. However, Santa Claus wearing sunglasses and shorts kinda kinda' seems funny. Now, if you had a scuba diving Santa...? :eyebrow:

Cheers,

X - From the Colder Climes of the Northeast!

I had my new Gas Furnace installed. Instead of a Lennox Signature Series model modulating/variable I went with a 4 ton American Standard (Trane) 95% + modulating variable speed furnace. It's quiet and so far pretty effective at holding temperature (one day) in a horizontal mounted position. The homeowner electronic control to operate the thing is incredibly complex (Lennox stamped, probably Honeywell made) and filled with waaay too many options and menus. It'll take me a few hours to decipher some of the text-driven items.:cool2:

I went with American Standard once I learned that a few models of the Lennox top-of-the-line were now being discontinued to depletion + a few reports here and there of ongoing repairs. That's not so cool. :blinking: Since Trane/Ingersoll Rand and American Standard are intertwined I know I am probably getting a top-notch, long term product. I also have some nostalgia as I used to see the word American Standard in almost all the school bathrooms I frequented as a kid. Anyway, here's a pic which includes a tiny sump pump to carry away condensate.

Cheers,

X

Attachments

• American Standard.jpg
    American Standard.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 24
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom