recommendations on dive charters in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkyo74

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First time in Maui. Planning on being there Dec 7 -10th. Appreciate recommendations on who to dive with. Prefer smaller outfits that cater to more experienced divers.

staying in Lahaina but open to driving where ever the best diving can be found!

First time in Maui. Planning on being there Dec 7 -10th. Appreciate recommendations on who to dive with. Prefer smaller outfits that cater to more experienced divers.

staying in Lahaina but open to driving where ever the best diving can be found!
Pro diver ( take 6 max ) Mike Severns, and Ed robinson's ( both take 12 max ) all 3 leave from the Kihei boat launch in Kihei around 6:00 am. That is about a 45 min drive from Lahaina. I have been with all 3 and all are great. Maybe others can give you some input on charters from the " West Side" Shore diving is also very good in Maui.

Mike Severns, Ed Robinson's, and B&B are most often recommended here. We dive with Ed Robinson's every year (multiple charters) since as experienced divers we prefer not to be baby-sat while diving. They have 3-tank and "X" charters geared toward experienced divers, in addition to their regular charters, giving divers a lot more independence. For us diving with Ed Robinson's is like diving with friends who are expert critter spotters and navigators. :)

B&B Gets my vote, Ed Robinsons is also highly recomended. Either way you can't go wrong.

We have been diving with Mike Severns for several years and can give them nothing but high marks. If you tell them what kind of dive you want or what you want to see, they will try to pick a site that will satisfy your requests. They are very low stress and high on education about what you will see. Their boat does not feel crowded with a full load, twelve divers, and they group they divers well.

P.S. They even satisfied my request for a whale shark the first time I dove with them. (Ok, maybe that was just good luck.)

Unlike most posters on this board, we would not suggest "Extended Horizons".

Mike Severns was reccomended to me a few years back. I have had great trips with them every year since. Small, fast boat. Snacks and water. Pretty basic but nice.

Hawaiian Rafting Adventures operates out of Lahaina, runs a "smaller" charter (max 2 groups of 6, usually) and while they don't "cater" to advanced divers, they make sure they enjoy their dives, both in terms of using up their bottom time and seeing things that may take more of an "advanced" approach.

I'd totally put them in the same league as the Kihei operators mentioned... and think that they actually probably do MORE for advanced divers than the other ops mentioned, when there's a mixed crowd on the boat on a given day.

Not to mention... that'll save you the long drive AND Lanai diving always seems to surpass Molokini diving, unless there's been a nasty storm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom