Recommendations for wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingNole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm just beginning to research my next computer purchase. I currently own a Hollis DG02 and I'm looking for something new. I prefer wrist style to console gauge as I like having the analog gauges as back-up. I'm just not a big fan of my Hollis and I find the algorithm to be very conservative even for first and second dives of the day. I've noticed this on multiple trips while diving the same or slightly more shallow profile of other divers on the first dive of the day.

Only other true need is Nitrox compatible, not even necessary for it to be air integrated, that is just an added bonus. Budget would be under $1000, prefer to be in the $500-600 range. Any suggestions on computers to look into? I'm not opposed to buying online or in LDS (live in Atlanta). Thanks in advance!

If you otherwise like the Hollis, you may want to look at Oceanic computers. Same hardware, but a more liberal DSAT algorithm.

Diver's Supply in Marietta has Oceanic and others. Or check out Divers Supply online. The VT3 gets good reviews (VT4 has digital compass) and costs much more.

Back
Top Bottom