Recommendations for relatively new divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgchan

New
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Hawaii late June for a wedding/vacation. We'll be spending a few days in Waikiki, a couple days at Turtle Bay, and a few more days in Kauai (Princeville). We'd like to do a dive or two if possible but need some recommendations.

Some background, we completed the basic PADI SCUBA certification a couple years ago, but didn't get around to completing the open water certification (we only did two ocean dives due to time constraints). We then did two guided dives in Thailand (the reason we got certified to begin with) a little over a year ago, and haven't gone since. We'll need full rental gear and, well, let's say we'd prefer a little more assistance/attention given our relative inexperience.

From what I can tell, in Kauai our best bet will be the Tunnels dive which I've sent an email to Fathom Five about booking.

For Waikiki, we only have one day available, and it's only in the morning. Most places I've seen either offer a more advanced wreck dive in the morning (which goes down about 100 ft and is recommended for advanced divers) or a more basic trip in the afternoon that doesn't get back until 3 pm (too late for us). Are there any places that offer a trip in the morning that gets back by, say, 1 pm?

Alternatively, we could look for a place near Turtle Bay, but our plans for that aren't fully set yet.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

try Island Divers in Hawaii Kai...last I checked they were doing shallow reef intro dives in the morning, back by noon....most outfits here do the advanced dives in the morning and shallow reef in afternoon.......aloha....enjoy hawaii.......peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom