Recommendations for longer Thailand Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shamfish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm in the initial stages of planning a liveaboard to Thailand and my mind is scrambled with options. I'm looking for at least a week-long liveaboard and up to 10 days. I've been through most websites online, but I'm not sure who to trust since anyone can look good on a website. I read some posts about the Agressor Fleet not being up to par, and some of the previously recommended liveaboards are only 4 days. Can anyone recommend one for a single diver, budget range? I don't need bells and whistles, but I need it to be safe and reputable.

Aggressor is only beginning operations in March, and that's nearing the end of the season. Their trip is going to be a week going north to the Similans/Surins and a week going south to Hin Daeng. It's possible to do either or both trips.

There are some boats offering 6-day trips going north or divided between north and south. It might be possible to get a six-day trip north and then a two day trip south, but that would depend on schedules, and it might not be the same boat/operator for both trips.

You've already discovered one thing, though--the budget boats tend to be 4 days. The ones that offer longer trips are more upscale options. My advice would be to look for a mid-priced boat and try to get some dates that allow you to combine a trip north and a trip south.

Flying Seahorse leave from Koh Lanta and offer a 7 day trip - southern dive sites around Lanta and PP and then up to the Similans and Surins. Its more in the budget range.

Scuba Cta have a 7 day and night trip to in a budget range. Max 12 divers, tour leader been working there for 7 years.
Its 3 days South to Hin Daeng, Muang, Koh Haa and Phi Phi and then 4 days north to Similan, Koh Bon, Tachai and Richelieu.

Yes, I would second the latter suggestion for Scuba Adventure, good value for money this season and on the 7 days trips a nice diversity in divesites.

In addition, longer than the standard 4 days with a 5 day trip but also excellent value, would be Oktavia. That would be to Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock, and is more of a budget boat albeit more comfortable than the standard budget boat

Greetings,
I know a company that offers unlimited days on the liveaboard and they are one of the cheapest if not the cheapest in Phuket and very safe+ reliable too .
send me an email with more details if you are interested.

Regards,
Steve (stevenhb@hotmail.com)

Greetings,
I know a company that offers unlimited days on the liveaboard ....<snip>

There are actually several of these, but they are typically what I call "flexible stay" boats, meaning that people can come and go every day. This also allows them to take daytrippers. The result with boats like this is sometimes really a lot of divers using the boat every day when you add the sleep-aboard customers and the daytrippers together. I use these boats, but I generally recommend them for people whose schedule doesn't allow for a standard trip with all customers aboard for the entire trip. I find these standard trips more enjoyable all around.

Back
Top Bottom