Recommendations for Ireland/Scotland dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbasbaitshop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a 2 week dive trip to Ireland and Scotland this summer. Could use some help with recommendations for dive shops to contact and places to dive. Prefer technical dives but a mix of technical and non-technical is OK. Will plan the travel around the various dive sites.

Thanks for any help and recommendations . :D

It depends on what you mean by 'technical' - I think the definition means something different here to what it does in the states.
Scapa Flow is always worth a trip, I've lost count of the number of times I've been there now and still always something new to see - all of the boats in hte Orkney Dive Boat association are fine - though most will be booked up now over the summer months at a guess. Emily from Radiant Queen works with Scapa Scuba centre so probably worth e-mailing her for availability - if you're only going once I'd recommend paying the extra for a guided dive so you see the interesting bits at first attempt
Sound of Mull is another good area, we're diving with Lochaline Dive Centre next month, but not sure if they take individuals or not.
Oban has some good diving, not sure on centres there as I've only used our own boats there

Doune Holidays Knoydart

again not what i would call technical, but stunning wildlife one wall down to 200m if you want to push it:)

just don't get bored of the dolphins & orcas:)

Thanks for the tips. I have been emailing several of the dive centers and should start getting firm dates and reservations on the next week. Looking forward to the trip and some different diving than I am used to here in the states.

Last edited:
Scapa Flow fantastic loved every minute and the Islands are full of ancient history like the Satanding stones, also have great museums with many artifacts from the German vessels that were scuttled a wreck divers paradise my man!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom