Recommendations for drysuit undergarment for FL caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hit REI’s website and look in the outlet area. Bet you’ll find something on sale.

As mentioned something like a 200 gram undergarment works well for Florida caves. Easiest inexpensive way I've seen is either buy used or look on eBay for generic stuff. I bought a nice set very inexpensive years ago that worked great. I prefer the quality and fit of my brand name stuff, but on the cheap, the eBay stuff was very inexpensive and worked well.

I have both the FE artic and the new Waterproof Body 2X top and bottoms. I actually like the Waterproof set better and it’s cheaper.

Interesting. Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered some layers from Uniqlo - I use their long underwear throughout the winter anyway for work so just picked up a few closeout/sale items that should layer nicely and that I’ll probably use out of the water as well so not a loss even if they don’t work out for this use.

When I asked, I was told a good starting point is a baselayer plus either the Fourth Element Arctic or Xerotherm depending on how could you get.

Sweet as! I have some fleece vests that I used to use for work so I’ll probably take one of those as well for core heat. I think I’ve probably got enough together to get by now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom