Recommendations for doing drysuit PADI speciality in UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poozer

Registered
Reaction score
Any suggestions for where & who with we should do drysuit training in the UK? We did our AOW & Nitrox in the Red Sea so we need serious help to acclimatise!

We're moving to Woolwich soon but happy to travel for good professional fairly priced training.

Poozer:
Any suggestions for where & who with we should do drysuit training in the UK? We did our AOW & Nitrox in the Red Sea so we need serious help to acclimatise!

We're moving to Woolwich soon but happy to travel for good professional fairly priced training.
Woolwich is a bit far from the only Puffin I know of in the UK - Scotland.

Drysuits in the UK are not so much a speciality, but a day to day essential.

Check out Hellfins they organise their own diving and training etc. I have had no problems diving with them.

If you want good personal training then Mark Powell has a very good reputation. While he does a lot of technical training, I have no doubt that he would help you or recommend a suitable instructor.

HTH,

Adrian

My sister is just starting up a business here in Plymouth (South West), 'In Deep' (http://www.indeep.co.uk) - they can do drysuit training! :wink:

ive just done my drysuit specility and thought it was a waste of money. i was the only experienced diver on the course. my instucter had 5 open water students and me. when we were in the pool he said i should just join the OW guys and go over my skills. I DIDNT PAY TO GO OVER MY SKILLS AGAIN!!! when we went out for the open water dive, i didnt even go with the instucter, ended up buddying some random guy from the club. i didnt even learn anything!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom