Recommendations for diving near Manila September 12 -13?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Choyster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a trip planned to Anilao this weekend but the resort I was booked at tells me the weather forecast doesn't look good and recommends that I cancel the trip. My flight into Manila is non-refundable and I was wondering if there's somewhere else that looks to be better this weekend. Suggestions?

Name of the place is Portulano. I was there last December and it was fantastic but as I said they are advising me to cancel the trip....

lots of rain here lately. but unless there is a typhoon, there are always sites that are dive-able in anilao. i think there is a clean up dive being organized at Eagle point for this weekend.

Name of the place is Portulano. I was there last December and it was fantastic but as I said they are advising me to cancel the trip....

Yes, it'll be pretty hard to make the transfer from the parking lot to the resort .

There's aquaventure, balai, and planet dive, among other resorts, down the calumpan peninsula for you to consider.

If you are fixed on Manila only, then follow the advice already given. If you are not fixed on Manila, try Bohol, Cebu; ( Mactan Is., Moalboal, Malapascua Is.); Dumagete; etc., the list can go on and on.
Sept. is still the Typhoon season. The typhoons do hit the Luzon region more than the Visayas.

I will be in Planet Dive this weekend. There will be at least 6 of us diving there for our final leadership dive (NAUI MSD). We dive rain or shine.

lots of rain here lately. but unless there is a typhoon, there are always sites that are dive-able in anilao. i think there is a clean up dive being organized at Eagle point for this weekend.

Isn't that 19th to 20th?

Subic Bay is the normal alternative for when the Manila area weather conditions make Anilao/Batangas/PG un-divable.

There is a lot of rain here also (viz is not that great), but the water is calm and protected inside the bay.

I'm not going to get depressed about the weather forecast for PG over the next 15 days...there will be diving :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom