Recommendations For Dive Ops, Sites Between Cancun, Puerto Morelos, Pdc, And Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be spending a week at Azul Beach hotel near Puerto Morelos and looking for updated info since it's been a few years since I've been diving in the area.

I dove Cozumel with Aldora Divers several years ago. Are they still around? Still good?

I dove cenotes with someone out of PDC, but I can't remember the dive operator. My guide was excellent, a crazy character on land but as soon as we did the briefing and plunged in, he was all business. Great experience, but after 4 cenote dives (Chac Mool, Dos Ojos, Taj Maja, and one other) I felt like I've gotten the full cenote experience. Is there another cenote site that has something new/different that makes it worth going?

I dove Majahual and it was terrible, all rubble. Did I just go to the wrong spot?

I dove a nice wreck near Puerto Morelos, the C-52 I think, with Dive In Puerto Morelos. Any recommended sites for something different but from PM? THat is the most convenient location for me.

Any general advice? Will sarragassum be an issue or is that just a beach nuisance?

I'll have a rental car and I am fluent in Spanish.

Thanks.

I did my first dives with Brett. You get the best service around. I highly recommend Dove in Puerto Morelas.

Brett is not doing much diving now, as he has been in the US for the better part of 2 years now. And before that he was not diving very much either anymore.

In Puerto Morelos there are more shops, and 1 of those is ours. Divesites range from 20 ft to 100 ft (the c56 wreck). Spots with more fish and others with more coral.

We do not go to Cozumel, a bit far. If you want to dive there you had better drive to PdC yourself and take a ferry from there, or arrange a trip through 1 of the shops in PdC.

Sargassum has been gone for months now. Slowly coming back, which is normal. But no problem for diving other then jellyfish hiding in there when you surface.

If you want to know more send us an email direct to the shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom