Recommendations for dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i did have one of those UK light cannons... it was a really great light for the price... i sold it on the forum, too...

--c

Am looking at getting some new dive lights (primary and a backup) and was thinking to go LED. Looking around, the best (meaning cheapest) packages seemed to be Princeton, but a disconcerting number of reviews complain about leaks, especially on the backup lights.

Anyone have any views? Predominant use would be night diving in tropical waters.

Hi Rhone Man,

I hope you don't mind me posting to let you know about one of our lights.

Have you considered the Dive Rite LED 500? It offers 500 lumens of light, which equals to the brightness of 10W HID lights. It can be used as a hand held, or as canister light depending on your needs on any particular dive. It offers up to 30 hours of burn time and is a tough little light. It works great as both a primary and as a backup light.

For more information have a look on our website: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - LED 500 Flashlight

Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom