Recommendations : Cozumel + Playa Del Carmen (Mexico)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know the departure times for the ferry between Coz and PDC, especially if you are planning to use it the same day as your dive trip.

Trust no one to tell you the correct times, apart from the ferry companies...

I was lucky that Christi at Blue XT-Sea was great with us... We got the wrong info, and thus delayed some unhappy divers...

Also, as already mentioned, if going on the PDC side, don't miss the cenotes! An amazing experience!!!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Alex

You realize this thread is a year and a half old...

I am diving in puerto morelos in October? I have dove the coz many times. Is it worth it or am I waisting my time? I am just going to get some dives in. Please advise

I will go to Playa del Carmen, 1 week in April, with 1 day in cenotes and 1 day at Cozumel. Is a 3mm full suit enough for this time of the year? Should I add my 1mm neoprene "T-shirt" for the cenotes? (I do not know the name in English, it covers only the body from neck to waist)

The temperature in the ocean should be 26-27C (78-81F). The temperature in the cenotes is usually 24C (75F). I find a 3mm full suit comfortable, but I also wear a 1mm hood. You may want the 1 mm t-shirt (sometimes called a "rash guard") for the cenotes.

just got back from playa, very nice, second time there, i was dissapointed with coz, very little fish life, reef were nothing special, plus you have drag your gear to the dive shop, in august this was not fun, don't mean to be negative, but ferry ride is $22.00 each, plus $60.00 for two tank dive, plus tip, it gets expensive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom