Recommendation for vacation home near great diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Loreto (Baja California Sur), and actually started a dive business here because I loved the place , its nature and of course the sea. There is a reasonably big community of retired foreigners, specially americans, living in the region. There are a lor of americans who have bought their vacation home here, but time shares are also a big thing, if that is something you are looking into as well. The place is gorgeous and quiet most of the year. Google "loreto" and "nopolo", these two villages are pretty close to each other, and the latter is a residential community, very pretty very popular for vacation homes. Diving here is outstanding if you ask me, but fishing and whalewatching are big too.

I also lived in Bonaire, and although its getting busier and busier, is still a really nice place to live if you like small islands. Divewise is really pleasant an accesible, although not too variated (unless you get into the wild, rough east coast). The island have some special arrangements with the US and I believe that it's fairly easy to buy a home there if you are american.
Hope that helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom