Recommendation for prescription mask, please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello fellow boarders,

I've just found out I'm probably never going to be a candidate for LASIK, so I'm seriously in the market for a prescription dive mask. There are a lot of options out there, and I'm hoping to hear experiences of what has worked for you, or others you know.

Because I have a strong astigmatism and some myopia, I imagine I will need custom lenses. I already have a mask I'm happy with, but not particurlarly stuck on. Due to location and time constraints, I will probably not be able to work with my "LDS" which is actually a 4 hour round trip drive away. So any positive experiences with "mail order" places would be great. Thanks!

Ted

OceanicUltraClearPioneerMask.jpg

I haven't received this new Oceanic Pioneer mask yet but it provides what I've been missing from a sturdy mask for prescription glasses. A metal frame, with bolts. -And black silicone...
I would be happy to hear from anyone who has tested it!

Some info: Pioneer Maske

Looks nice! I'd be particurlarly interested to hear from those who have tried it. For me price is a factor . . .

Seavision...they have a website where you enter your script and order online. I have astigmatism and have used their masks for years. They are great. They are at

seavisionusa.com

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll check those websites out. It's nice to know what people have tried and what worked.

Ted

Give these guys a call. I have had them do several mask for me with good results. One of my dive buddies has a pretty serious (coke bottle bottom) prescription they did for him. I already had an aging mask that I really liked so I ordered a new one just like it and sent it to them of lens.
Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878

My wife, son and two of my dive buddies have masks from Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878 adn they're very happy with them. They do a LOT of masks each year, so I'd ask which models they prefer. My wife and son both selected the masks they wanted and delivered them to the dive mask folks. Other friends just sent their prescriptions and the company used the masks that they prefer to make lenses for.

TY Herman and Tep. Good to know people have liked their service, I had been a little leary of them as a "sponsored" link on web searches, but I guess they're big enough to support it!

Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom