Recommendation for Feb/Mar trip short(ish) flight from Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Camel Divers at Sharm el Sheikh. They will do a check out dive with you before taking to other dive sites according to your skill level. They may not take you to Thistlegorm if you are too newbie.

Turkish Air has a flight from Istanbul to Hurghada, skipping Cairo. I'll be diving in Red Sea Southern Route from Marsa Alam in December, flying from Houston to Hurghada with 1 stop in Istanbul.

But how to get them to Istanbul in one go without a long layover in Istanbul?

But how to get them to Istanbul in one go without a long layover in Istanbul?

I'll fly with Turkish Air directly from Houston to Istanbul. I'm not sure what flights are available from various places in Europe.

There are flights going directly to Sharms el Sheikh too. However my last trip to Sharm el Sheikh, I had to fly to Cairo with Egypt Air, which is a bit of a pain.

I'll fly with Turkish Air directly from Houston to Istanbul. I'm not sure what flights are available from various places in Europe.

There are flights going directly to Sharms el Sheikh too. However my last trip to Sharm el Sheikh, I had to fly to Cairo with Egypt Air, which is a bit of a pain.

I know Dan but this thread is about how ross9 is going to get to wherever and in this instance, Istanbul.

I know Dan but this thread is about how ross9 is going to get to wherever and in this instance, Istanbul.

Here are 2 possible itineraries from Edinburgh

14B029E5-6634-4E7C-8942-8A19320EBF6E.jpeg
BE8AD120-8D94-4CA7-88FE-6C2077502D09.jpeg

That's nice Dan. What program are you using?

easyJet fly direct from Manchester to Hurghada. There are still no flights into Sharm out of the UK.

You may find flights expensive as Thomas Cook were the airline of choice for a lot of operators

How about Cape Verde? Be warmer than the Canaries.

easyJet fly direct from Manchester to Hurghada. There are still no flights into Sharm out of the UK.

You may find flights expensive as Thomas Cook were the airline of choice for a lot of operators

I've just spotted these Easyjet flights. And the times are doable if we leave early to drive down from Edinburgh. Will need to squeeze a few extra days off work but might be possible. The Turkish Air flights are a possibility but such a long layover in Istanbul at a rough time in the morning.

Sharm El Sheikh difficult from the UK currently. UK foreign office still advise against any travel by air in or out of Sharm airport.

I'll take a look at some shore diving options off Hurghada too. Thanks all for the suggestions and advice - lots to work with!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom