Recommendation for dive shops in Philadelphia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjb160

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am moving to Philadelphia for school. I am going into medicine, so I think it would be great to get my rescue diver certification this summer. Does anybody know a good, affordable dive shop that does certification dives around Philly? Not looking for scenic dive sites... just want to learn rescue diving procedures. Thanks!

Both look great, thanks! One more question- I think my AHA CPR/first aid response certification expired... do I have to get re-certified through AHA, or can I just do one of those quick online courses?

The AHA is certification is acceptable. Not sure if the AHA has online renewal but if it recertifies you with the AHA it is fine. Blue Horizons teaches the PADI Emergency First Responder course as well.

I have to 2nd Blue Horiz with them later this season.

I think Blue Horizons was planning on keeping their arrangement with Friends Central so you can do the pool work in Phila. Not sure about classroom. Open water continues to be at the lovely Dutch Springs.

How about East Coast Diving out of Northfield NJ, then you can do your dives off a boat in the scenic North Atlantic - where the fish are brown and tasty, the Lobsters large and the weather and water unpredictable! See Welcome to EastCoast Diving

As a second option, I also have experience with Blue Horizon, shop now on Rte 1. Great group as well.

Back
Top Bottom