Recommendation for dive operator on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actosrep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to Oahu for a week in late February. I need a recommendation on a good dive operator. I have heard good things about AAA Diving. Does anybody have any experience with them? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

A little more info might help the answers. Where are you staying, are you renting a vehicle, how many divers for how many dives, what kind of diving are you interested in, any shore activities to work around????? That might prime the pump :)
:search:
A search will also give you plenty of advice

We've used them a couple of times - AAA and Alex are far and away our first choice.

All the best, James

I'm crashing at a hostel in Honolulu and renting a car. I am solo and coming to dive, and dive, and dive... I will work shore activities around the diving. I would like to do a couple of night dives as well. Also, any advice on local eating establishments. I hate tourist traps and enjoy little hole in the wall places frequented by the locals.

good oahu dive ops:
IDH just got a huge 50 foot boat! they hit all the hawaii kai sites/wrecks.. corsair/barges.. and the waikiki wrecks too..
Hawaii Scuba Diving with Island Divers Hawaii - Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Waikiki

AAA has a nize large boat too.. and they can take you to reefs just outside pearl-harbor as well as all the waikiki sites/wrecks.. sea-tiger/YO257
Hawaii Scuba Diving with AAA Diving Hawaii

OC has 3 x boats.. and mostly service the west-side sites/wrecks.. mahi/LCU west
Scuba Diving Oahu with Ocean Concepts Hawaii - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

Finally.. [since you're stayin' in a hostel].. capt joe has great rates.. he too goes to all the hawaii kai sites.. and does night dives whenever at least 4 people want to go..
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-hawaii/203224-note-my-new-rates-nori-z.html

food:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/local-reference/187318-local-grinds.html
We go Kaukau? - The Dive Matrix Forums

I prefer Ocean Concepts, they run a first rate charter with excellent service. Give em a try.

I just retruned from Oahu and dove with Ocean Concepts on the West side in Waianae. They are first rate. They will keep and clean and set your gear if you would like. They also feed you lunch during your surface interval. They have a set schedule so you can plan exactly the dives you would like to join. The staff are friendly and helpful and they will buddy you with someone with similar skills if you are solo. They only dive the west end. They give military a nice discount if that applies also

Definitely try Oahu Dive Center in Kailua www.oahudivecenter.com
I promise you'll have a good time, very knowledgeable instructors and dive masters, safety always first.

I dive with Gabe Scotti and Kaimana Divers. If you are staying in a hostel I am amussing you are a traveler and like to party a little bit when your traveling. Gabe is a lot of fun to dive with and we do a little bit of partying around here. If you are here when I am on the island I can show you a few nice hot spots. Just look for Scottitheduck on here and he can hook you up.

I have also dove with OC and they are great people too. Jo, Jen and Adam are awesome people and know how to have some fun on the boat. They have some great spots to hit up on the West Side and very knowledgeable. The little touch they do with taking care of your gear is real nice too.

I have never dove with AAA but I have heard good things.

If you need anything you can PM me and I would be more then happy to help. Good diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom