Recommend swivel for Scubapro S620ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Recently purchased a Scubapro S620ti/MK25 evo ti. I’m looking for regulator swivel for the second stage. I have an Atomic comfort swivel on my S600 and love it. The regulators are different so I couldn’t use the same thing. Has anyone put one on theirs that they can recommend that is smooth.

there's really only two on the market. The Omni-swivel, and the omni-swivel clone from Taiwan that's sold by Cave Adventurers. Can't go wrong with either. I think the omni's are a bit smoother, but not by much. Your call on whether they're worth the price or not

I am a bit confused. Why would the Atomic not fit the 620? The reason I ask is that I wonder if the other swivels will fit.

The Omnis are really nice, but a bit pricey. Do NOT get the ones from Scubapro--they suck and leak. Don't know anything about the Omni clones.

If you really love the Atomic swivel, they market a "universal swivel". Put a jam nut on your 620Ti so that you have about 1cm of barrel spindle protruding, and add their universal swivel.
Atomic Universal Swivel Brass 32

Alternatively, consider a slightly longer hose routed under your arm (~4ft) with a 90-120 degree fixed angle connector). It has all the advantages of the swivel, and doesn't require you to manually change the angle of your second stage when your head is turned (the Atomic swivel stiffens up a bit when pressurized). No worse than the Omni swivel in this regard, but a longer hose on a 90 degree connector just pivots with your head.
DGX 70 Degree Swivel Adapter, LP 2nd Stage: 9/16-Inch M x 9/16-Inch F

@rsingler definitely not all the advantages of a ball swivel. They also add the distinct disadvantage of shooting the regulator out if the threads strip. Seen a couple of them do that which was fun to watch

@rsingler definitely not all the advantages of a ball swivel. They also add the distinct disadvantage of shooting the regulator out if the threads strip. Seen a couple of them do that which was fun to watch
I've gotta tell you, Tom, those Omni's scare me to death. An oring between two flat faces, held only by one screw, with the tolerance determined by that little hex on the other side? I guess that anything that is poorly serviced places you at risk, but that whole design is frightening to me. I won't use them. So much twisting every time you adjust them, I'm afraid I'll walk that screw out and extrude an oring at depth.
But they are convenient, I'll give you that.
To each his poison, eh mate? :poke:

Last edited:
@rsingler the only time they fail is when not serviced properly. Manual says blue loc-tite on the end of that screw and to service yearly. Most people don't, and often times they will tighten it which breaks the loc-tite. Service them properly, and a non-issue. If one opens up, and I've had a used one open up on me underwater, you can depressurize, and tighten it back pretty easily. I have since opened up all of them whether new or used and reapplied the loc-tite. Haven't had an issue since.

The problem with the elbows is that on the reg side, the bolt that holes the female 9/16-20 side and also holds the sealing o-ring has really tiny threads. If those are overtorqued at all, they like to shear off and the whole reg shoots out. Nothing you can do with those. Some of them are non-serviceable like the ones from Kirby Morgan and those are fine, but the cheap ones are not

@rsingler the only time they fail is when not serviced properly. Manual says blue loc-tite on the end of that screw and to service yearly. Most people don't, and often times they will tighten it which breaks the loc-tite. Service them properly, and a non-issue. If one opens up, and I've had a used one open up on me underwater, you can depressurize, and tighten it back pretty easily. I have since opened up all of them whether new or used and reapplied the loc-tite. Haven't had an issue since.

The problem with the elbows is that on the reg side, the bolt that holes the female 9/16-20 side and also holds the sealing o-ring has really tiny threads. If those are overtorqued at all, they like to shear off and the whole reg shoots out. Nothing you can do with those. Some of them are non-serviceable like the ones from Kirby Morgan and those are fine, but the cheap ones are not
Thanks for the tip on those connectors. I'll check mine tonight. Good info!

Back
Top Bottom