Recommend Komodo Liveaboards with best DM to guest ratio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feels like New York--Bali--Manado (for Lembeh land based diving)--Bali--Labuan Bajo (for Komodo LoB)--Bali--New York has more non-flight days than I planned.

Feels like New York--Bali--Manado (for Lembeh land based diving)--Bali--Labuan Bajo (for Komodo LoB)--Bali--New York has more non-flight days than I planned.
Dived Cocos in Costa Rica and the travelling required more days than actual diving!
The main reason why I never bother with Galapagos.

Mermaid liveaboards do some muck diving in their trip so lembeh should not be needed. About 8 of the dives are in volcanic ash and black sand. I like the variety of the divesites they do. Blue,green and very green water. Black sand, light brown sand and volcanic ash. Komodo Indonesia - reefscenics

Take in consideration that there is no information about the future situation. Not for available flights and not for boats and resorts. We are all talking history here.

just curious, does Mermaid I/II and/or White Manta provides 15 liter air tank in addition to regular 12L tank?

@KenGordon You did a week LoB and five day land based in Komodo. Should I assume your LoB is not for Komodo because how to do 5 day land tour of Komodo and Komodo LoB is Bali-Bali or Labuan Bajo -Labuan Bajo?
We flew into Labuan Bajo, got on one of the Manta lobs, did the Komodo itinerary (northern iirc due to poor conditions in the south) and on the way back, or maybe back at port, transferred to the boat that took us to Dive Resort in Komodo, Flores | Diving Indonesia | Komodo National Park for the land based bit, staying in chalets and diving from day boats.

We used an actual travel agent to book all parts of our holiday so he could optimise things a bit, saving some hours of hanging about.

Take in consideration that there is no information about the future situation. Not for available flights and not for boats and resorts. We are all talking history here.
It is incredible that there are still new threads asking various questions on diving in Indonesia over next few yrs!
Forget about LoB booking unless no deposit required.
Forget the country if you cannot afford "quarantine". It is 10 days at the moment.

Sit and wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom