Recommend a good waterproof tape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaff is nowhere near as water resilient as actual self-amalgamating tape. That being said, if it works, it works. If you need to wrap something, gaff isn't nearly as good as rescue tape.....

Yeah I think I could have done with some rescue tape for a power steering hose a while back.
When I was a roadie, gaffer sticking to gruel infested pub carpet in traffic areas amazed me.

thought about fixing my lift bag properly a couple of times over the years but the tape just wanted to stay

full.jpg

but for this rEvo lung it's all about reversible temporary repairs for me, so clean off the sticky guck with
Toluene and then out from the freezer with the Aquaseal after the roughening up with the 100 grit

Gaff is nowhere near as water resilient as actual self-amalgamating tape. That being said, if it works, it works. If you need to wrap something, gaff isn't nearly as good as rescue tape.....

Yes, true. For anything important I would use self-amalgamating tape(which is awesome stuff) as well, or gorilla tape in a pinch.

But OP is temporarily attaching a lighting gel to light, which is exactly where gaff excels. It won't damage the gel, leave a residue, and removes easily post dive.

i agree with the silicone tape - no sticky residue either....

Back
Top Bottom