Recomended Light for Daylight diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

I need a light that would be bright enough to be used while diving during daylight hours. It should be bright enough to light up between rocks and such from a distance of up to hmm.. 10 feet or so.

I have been looking at the UK Light Cannon 100, but it is not rechargeable. Can I use it with NiMh rechargeable batteries? Someone told me that the light will under-perform with rechargeable batteries as rechargeable batteries are 1.2v each and regular alkaline batteries are 1.5v each. Is this true?

Is the light cannon the best I can get with a reasonable price? Is this the brightest I can get? Is it brightter than the UK D8?

Or should I look elsewhere?

What I need is: Primary use: diving during daylight, must be rechargeable, brightest light I can get, for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

Canister type lights are very expensive and I don't like the idea of the battery pack separated from the light itself...

I am looking for something in pistol grip or similar...

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom